Nebraska Jr. FIRST LEGO League, also known as Jr. FLL, is a challenge designed for Kindergarten through 3rd Graders. This season’s challenge is called Waste Wise, which revolves around students finding ways to make less trash or improve the way people handle the trash we make.
Leading up to the Competitions, teams work together to research a topic. This year’s project topic is to find ways to make less trash or improve the way people handle the trash they make. The students perform five different activities, which include: “Think About It”, “Learn About It”, “Build It”, “Show It”, and “Share It”. Children are given a challenge and complete several tasks to accomplish it, with their experience culminating in sharing all that they have learned with others.
Nebraska Jr. FIRST LEGO League Activities
- “Think About It” involves students exploring the challenge from different angles
- “Learn About It” involves students researching to discover what exists and what the future holds
- “Build It” involves students by solving a current or future problem and building a prototype machine with at least one moving part from LEGO elements
- “Show It” involves students making a poster explaining what they learned, how they learned it, and explain their LEGO model
- “Share It” involves students participating at an organized event with reviewers and others who ask the children about what they learned and to explain what they built
More details about Nebraska Jr. First Lego League can be found here: http://4h.unl.edu/aboutjrfirstlegoleague
|February 6, 2016||Lancaster Event Center
4100 N 84th Street
Lincoln, NE 68507
|Jr. FLL||Nebraska Jr. FLL Showcase
The full and up-to-date schedule for Nebraska First Lego League can be found at the following page: http://4h.unl.edu/nebraskafirstroboticsschedule